EXCiPACT™ is a voluntary international scheme to provide independent 3rd party certification of manufacturers, suppliers and distributors of pharmaceutical excipients. By ensuring the competency of the 3rd party auditors, and the frameworks in which they operate, it will ensure patient safety through supplier quality, whilst minimising the audit burden and overall costs for assessing the excipient supply chain without sacrificing quality.
Excipients, together with an active pharmaceutical ingredient(s), are co-formulated into a final drug medicine that is either prescribed to a patient by a doctor or bought over-the-counter without a prescription.
- 23 Apr 2014 – Croda Europe sites receive EXCiPACT™ Certification as pharmaceutical excipient supplier
- 8 Apr 2014 – EXCiPACT signs agreement with AJA Registrars Germany GmbH to undertake certified audits of pharmaceutical excipient suppliers
- 3rd Webinar – “How to use EXCiPACT” – now available to view for free
- 18 Mar 2014, Evonik, German site, receives EXCiPACT™ Certification as pharmaceutical excipient supplier
- 18-19th November 2014, 2-day EXCiPACT Training Course in Europe – Belgium
- 10-11th June 2014, 2-day EXCiPACT Training Course in Europe – Belgium
- 29-30 Apr 2014, ExcipientFest Americas, Raleigh Convention Center (Raleigh, NC)
- 20 Feb 2014, A & C American Chemicals Company Ltd received EXCiPACT™ Certification
- 20 Feb 2014, BIOGRUND GmbH received EXCiPACT™ Certification
- 19 Feb 2014, Saudi Kayan received EXCiPACT™ Certification
- 18 Feb 2014, Sonneborn received EXCiPACT™ Certification
- 11 Feb 2014 – EXCiPACT™ scheme launched as independent not-for-profit alliance
- 6 Feb 2014 – EXCiPACT™ becomes a free-standing association under Belgian law