EXCiPACT™ is a voluntary international scheme to provide independent 3rd party certification of manufacturers, suppliers and distributors of pharmaceutical excipients. By ensuring the competency of the 3rd party auditors, and the frameworks in which they operate, it will ensure patient safety through supplier quality, whilst minimising the audit burden and overall costs for assessing the excipient supply chain without sacrificing quality.
Excipients, together with an active pharmaceutical ingredient(s), are co-formulated into a final drug medicine that is either prescribed to a patient by a doctor or bought over-the-counter without a prescription.
- 1st-2nd Apr 2014, EXCiPACT™ Training Course in the US
- "Risk-based supply chain management means more audits for excipient firms", published in in-PharmaTechnologist.com
- "Quality control: strengthening the excipient supply chain", published in WordPharma
- "Newsmakers: Frithjof Holtz on EXCiPACT", published in Contract Pharma
- 14-15th (Complete!) & 16-17th Jan 2014, EXCiPACT™ Training Courses in Europe – Brussels
- EXCiPACT™ – First Certificates issued by mdc Germany
- Two Certification Bodies sign up to deliver the EXCiPACT scheme