EXCiPACT™ is a voluntary international scheme to provide independent 3rd party certification of manufacturers, suppliers and distributors of pharmaceutical excipients. By ensuring the competency of the 3rd party auditors, and the frameworks in which they operate, it will ensure patient safety through supplier quality, whilst minimising the audit burden and overall costs for assessing the excipient supply chain without sacrificing quality.
Excipients, together with an active pharmaceutical ingredient(s), are co-formulated into a final drug medicine that is either prescribed to a patient by a doctor or bought over-the-counter without a prescription.
- EFCG calls for stricter rules on API and excipients outside the EU
- 29 September 2014 – Capsugel France receives EXCiPACT certification as pharmaceutical excipient suppliers
- 25 Septembre 2014 – Molkerei Meggle Wasserburg receives EXCiPACT certification as pharmaceurical excipient suppliers
- 24 September 2014 – Capsugel Belgium receives EXCiPACT certification as pharmaceutical excipient suppliers
- 23 September 2014 – Croda Iberica receives EXCiPACT certification as pharmaceutical excipient suppliers
- 23-24 September 2014. APV/IPEC Europe Excipient Conference 2014 – Düsseldorf (DE)
- 24-25 June 2014, ExcipientFest Europe, Amsterdam (NL)
- 18-19 November 2014, 2-day EXCiPACT Training Course in Europe – Belgium
- 23 Apr 2014 – Croda Europe sites receive EXCiPACT™ Certification as pharmaceutical excipient supplier
- 8 Apr 2014 – EXCiPACT signs agreement with AJA Registrars Germany GmbH to undertake certified audits of pharmaceutical excipient suppliers