EXCiPACT asbl will only use the personal information that we collect about you if you have opted into this. We will ensure that all such information is processed fairly and lawfully, in accordance with current EU legislation and we aim to meet current internet best practice, including but not limited to the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communication Regulations 2003. The following statement sets out our policy regarding the personal information that we collect through the excipact.org website (the "Website").
- Information we collect
- We collect information about you when you register with and/or use the Website. This may include your name, address, telephone number, email address.
- We will not collect sensitive personal information about you without your explicit consent.
- We use 'cookies' to collect additional information about your visit to the Website.
- A cookie is a text file that a website transfers to your computer's hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. Cookies only record those areas of a website that have been visited by your computer and for how long.
- This Website uses the following two types of cookies:
- Session Cookies - these are temporary cookies which remain on your computer until you leave the Website and allow you to carry information across pages of the Website without having to re-enter information.
- Persistent Cookies - these remain on your computer after you leave the Website.
- You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the setting in your browser. If you would like to do this, please see the help menu of your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our Website if cookies are disabled.
- Information we use
- We use the information collected to provide and personalise our services both on-line and off-line. It may also include dealing with your enquiries, conducting Quality Assurance, and/or training our staff.
- In particular, our Persistent Cookies help us to recognise you when you return to the Website and allow us to tailor content to match your preferred interests. We may use third parties to assist in this monitoring and analysis.
- Where you have opted-in, we may use the information for marketing purposes. If, at any time, you would like to opt-out of receiving future marketing material from us, you can simply complete and submit this form.
- We also use the information in our strategic analysis and our assessment of trends. In particular, we use our Persistent Cookies to help us compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that enable us to understand how users use the Website and to help us improve the structure of the Website. We cannot identify you personally this way.
- Looking after your information
- We take appropriate security measures in relation to the sensitivity of the information that we hold on you.
- We will not hold your information on our systems for any longer than is necessary for us to meet the purpose of holding that information.
- Where you have made us aware that the information that we hold about you is inaccurate or not up to date, we will update that information.
- You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. Please address any requests to the Secretariat at the contact e-mail and/or address as below.
- If you have any questions about privacy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alternatively, please write to us at:
Rue du Luxembourg 16B